Thornless Hybred Blackberry Starts - GA ORDERING CLOSED THANKS!

I'd like some but can't decide how many.
How many quarts of berries after 2 years per plant (guesstimate)?
How far apart should they be planted?

Quote:
I would think they'd do fine...maybe need a little water if you're in an arid part of TX.

Quote:
Yup you could plant them in pots indoors until the weather becomes warmer.

Quote:
Course! PM or email me and we'll talk.

Quote:
Holy cow, LOTS. Ours were three years old last year and we got an average of a gallon per picking (every other day) out of three plants. I wish I could estimate for you better, but I'm stumped. Like I said, we have three plants and I still have several gallon baggies in the freezer from last year. We were so busy last year I let friends come pick them, too...so really I don't have any good idea of our total yield.

Am finding out spacing from my DH, but I think it's about 2-3' spacing.

Do you think they can grow rampant like the thorny invasive Himalayan bushes that extend their prickly arms 10 feet a week in the spring, so they can take over the building sized bushes we have now? Thornless would be so much nicer than what we have now.
th.gif

Black berries are great! Thornless makes them 1 billion times better! I get about 100 lbs of berries a year... and that's because I can only take so many thorns before I quit.

I Pm'd you! We have beautiful minimal thorn raspberries and then wild blackberries. Our blackberries are terribly vicious and we'd love to have some tamer ones.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom