Those of you with homemade incubators...

Quote:
Here is one pic.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/45538_chicken_91.jpg

If you dont mind me asking...in the far right rear corner on top of the water jar, what is sitting on top of it. Its a light color and dome shaped. Is it an egg?

No it is not an egg. It is a small bowl that i used to get the height right so I did not over turn the trays and knock the eggs out. You must have really looked at the pics to notice that.

thankyou so much "Fishman" for clearing that up about the voltage.....and how did u know i am a idiot?:
lol.png

I am on day 6 using homemade bator, 1st time hatching. It has been running 99.0-99.3. So I thought I could improve the tempt even a little better. I tried to place a low wattage constant on bulb in there last night. Well right after which the tempt stays around 98 or less. Took out the extra light, no help. I must have bumped something in the process earlier. Stays up from 2-5 AM this morning trying to fix the problem, readjusting the thermostat. Lesson learned: dont fix it when it ain't broken, or you are down 3 hrs worth of sleep. It seems like the water heater thermostat is quite sensitive to movement. You can bet that I am going to keep my hands off the thing the rest of the course. Well, temp has been constant between 99.3-99.5 since. Hummmm, may be I did improve the thing, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom