Those who grew up in small towns will laugh when they read this.

love.gif
I love it!! Traveled a bit.. but ended up here where my roots are!!!!... and I love my dirty car!!
tongue2.gif

#6 all the way. We use to have a police officer that would actually come and sit with us, play guitar and knew we were minors in possession. Then send us home knowing we'd consumed. Gosh, I love small country towns!!!! We had a country road everyone partied at called "Smoke Road"
lau.gif
lau.gif
Such memories
smile.png

Defintely different nowadays, wouldn't dream of doing some of that stuff.

Reading all of these posts make me want to live in a small town. Where I live isn't neccessarily big but its huge compareed to what you guys are talking about.

When I was growing up in the wheat fields of eastern Oregon there was no fire department to call. The best we could expect was Oregon state forrestry dept which could take several hours. But given where we were and that all of the farmers had spray tanks on thier trucks with 200-300 gal of water. You would get on the CB radio and tell where the fire was and they would come from all over.
Can you imagine a time when people figured out how to take care of themselves and others instead of wait and expect the govt to do it for them. And a time when CB radio was actually a usable tool. Yes I grew up with CB my dad built our first 2 from kits and then had to give one to a neighbor so we had somebody to talk to. In the beginning CB was used very similar to cell phones today. Mom or dad would call the house when they were on the way home from work to see if we needed anything from the store etc.
Them were the days. O the things I remember and I really ain't dat old.

No golf course or sir field in Herlong California. Just lots of sage brush and rabbits !
One cop,1 bar, 4 churches,one store, frotsy freeze (fries 25 cents),and we bought our cigs in a machine at the post office at night.
sickbyc.gif
Got sick everytime I tried them !
gig.gif

Wore my cowboy boots with my dress for prom and under graduation gown.
gig.gif

We thought we were soooooo cool !
lau.gif
cool.png

Our town had one traffic light (and still does), but we used to get so aggravated with Mom because she knew everybody! She loves to talk to anybody that will listen, and everywhere we went she would say "I went to school with that person, he was the janitor, she worked in the cafeteria, etc." It is grown up a lot now, but there is one thing that will not change- http://www.glenrockcarolers.org/ . This is the 162nd year. If you're ever nearby on Christmas Eve, you need to stop and hear the concert. They walk the streets of Glen Rock no matter what the weather is like, until Christmas morning. We live 500 miles away, but we still go back for Christmas!

So true. We had one sheriffs deputy allocated from the county for the whole town...now we have three.

I would say also that you're from a small town if mud runnin' is nearly a professional sport and a disproportionate percentage of the population drives pickups and a disproportionate number of those are sporting lift kits.

OH so true...I thought when you said something about scratches on your legs you were going to say running through a corn field! We had SO many scratches from doing that!
lau.gif
Or how about skipping rocks in a cow pasture? LOL That was always fun
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom