Those who have ordered from Ideal

chicken quartet

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 12, 2008
Corona, CA
How long did it take you to get your chicks? Mine are supposed to be shipping today. Do you think they will arrive tomorrow?? I'm in southern CA. Did the post office just call you when they got there?

A little off the subject but Ideal charged my ATM card twice. It caused my account to be over drawn and I've racked up $70 in overdraft charges! Ideal says they've credited my account back but it doesn't show yet. The bank has a wait and see attitude of the whole thing. All the while I'm the one getting screwed. Ideal has not once offered anything for my troubles. I'm so frustrated, if it weren't for them being chicks, I'd send them back!!
somad.gif

They did that to me the second time I ordered too. They called yesterday asking if I wanted some Lavender Silkies though, and I couldn't say no! Other than that problemI have been pleased with them.

I wouldn't expect your chicks tomorrow, they usually take 2 days to get here (NM) from TX.

Ideal normally charges my card on the Monday of the week they will be shipping, then they ship on Wednesday and I have them Thursday or Friday. The Post Office normally calls me when they are in and I can either run and pick them up or ask them to bring them out.
I would think that the bank would give you a provisional credit which is a temporary credit until Ideal gets your refund processed electronically. And also the bank should refund those fees. Not sure what your bank is though, mine is Wachovia, but I usually have to call my branch directly and not the 800 line. Could depend on your bank's policy I suppose. If the bank doesn't refund the charges I would expect Ideal to since it's their mistake! I would sure be mad too!

I have ordered from Ideal twice now...I call the PO and make sure they know my number to call. They call early
smile.png
The first time I ordered they got here in two days, the 2nd time only ONE day. They were all alive and VERY well. All still living and thriving.

The post office should call you. The boxes are marked with instructions to call the customer upon delivery and to hold at the post office.

Credits from Ideal can take up to three days (sometimes longer, depending on how your bank processes) to appear on your statements, from my experience. There is not really a lot they can do for you other than issuing the credit back.
idunno.gif

They process payment like a credit card transaction, not a debit transaction.

I've received 2 orders from Ideal. They were both shipped on Wednesday and arrived Friday, and we're in CO. I did call our local P.O. both times, and let them know that I had chicks on the way. The P.O. left a note up telling all employees to call me when they came in. I had a good experience with them. I would watch your account to see if they may credit the 2nd payment back. Good luck!!!

Sonja

Mine shipped out today today too and this is my first time. But I am in Kansas so it could be tomorrow for me but I am sure it would be Friday for you. Your post had me going to check my bank but they charged me once. So Sorry that happened. I know that when I talk to my back they tend to reverse one or more charges.
Lov
Liv

Back
Top Bottom