Thought egg was dead... cracked it a bit to make sure and sure enough it’s alive!!

Yes, they won't all grow and be ready to hatch if they started on different days. It means she will probably leave the nest when the oldest are 1 or 2 days old and whatever is left and not ready to hatch will die.

Have you got any more broodies or an incubator for the late one?

Yes, they won't all grow and be ready to hatch if they started on different days. It means she will probably leave the nest when the oldest are 1 or 2 days old and whatever is left and not ready to hatch will die.

Have you got any more broodies or an incubator for the late one?
No unfortunately. The heating pad and lamp are all we have 😬

0786F10E-C112-4B33-A097-CD13911DF2A8.jpeg

This is with the coconut oil. The crack is near its bum and it’s leg is stuck out.. will it be okay like this?

Do u have a Styrofoam cooler. If so put a small bowl of water in it. The egg, and have any light they all put off heat heat lamp would be best. Cover the top as much as possible but make sure there is some air. I did this a few years ago with one late hatcher that my broodyeft behind to care for the others.. good luck. Keep that membrane moist with coconut oil or antibiotic ointment without pain reliever..

Do u have a Styrofoam cooler. If so put a small bowl of water in it. The egg, and have any light they all put off heat heat lamp would be best. Cover the top as much as possible but make sure there is some air. I did this a few years ago with one late hatcher that my broodyeft behind to care for the others.. good luck. Keep that membrane moist with coconut oil or antibiotic ointment without pain reliever..
We don’t have a styrofoam cooler, would a different cooler work though? Like the plastic type or the bag kind of type? We unfortunately don’t have a heat lamp right now

So it also moves every 10 seconds, kind of like it’s heartbeat or something making it twitch? It was moving a lot more earlier, is this a bad sign?

Back
Top Bottom