Thought I had Indian Runner ducklings but I am not sure. (Question Answered March 13, 2013)

Awesome
smile.png
They are adorable little things. They are very skittish about a lot of noises. I make sure I move as slowly as possible around them to avoid spooking them to badly. The baby chicks they are sharing a coop with get upset when they are outside. They make a such a racket while watching them run around the yard. My hens are a spoiled bunch, I hope they don't get to jealous of the ducks and new chicks. I love it when the ducks snuggle under my chin while I am carrying them.

Wishing you the best of luck getting in to touch with the TSC supplier. They sure can be a pain the you know what sometimes!

Yes they can be a pain at times. I will just do as I am doing and wait to see as they get bigger. I am 90% sure they are runners or a runner mix of some kind.

Thank you, they are so sweet. I filled up the kiddie pool for them today. I had it on a slope. That way there was a shallow and a deep end with a dry-ish spot to hop up on. They thoroughly enjoyed it. We were out there for 2 hours hanging out, my little cheep cheeps and quackers.

Hanging out in the kiddie pool for the first time and loving it.

One of them giving me the side eye while I was trying to draw their attention to an earthworm.

Mine are usually afraid of the water at first but always warm up to it. My baby just grew up and has joined the flock.
hit.gif

Aww, they always grow up and need us a bit less. My flock is all together and have a large yard. I'm going to make a photo album on my profile of the chicken coops and yard sometime tonight. The ducks will probably end up just like my Ladies, quacking and clucking and running at me as I come through the gate.
smile.png
I like it when they do that. The ducklings are growing so quickly. I heard they grow quick but didn't realize just how quickly until now.
One of the ducklings is a bit nervous about the water. While the other duckling just jumps right in and makes as many splashes as it can. Duck baths are so fun to watch. Oh heck everything they do is fun to watch.
celebrate.gif

Scooting past Reba (my Rhode Island Red) and one of the twins. Reba is still not sure what to make of these tiny feathered creatures that are not chickens. Hehehehe, she will tell me exactly what she thinks of this new development going on in the flock. They all have such personalities.

Yes sometimes they do. The go nuts when they see me bringing bread or treats. I can't wait for the ducks and chicks to be big enough for me to give them the good treats. I bake bread sometimes specifically for the chickens. Around the house they call it my chicken bread, whole wheat, raisins, oats, and other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom