thought I would share. funny

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by auringer6, Mar 8, 2013.

1. auringer6

auringer6 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    Here is our baby turkey.. We think he is a tom. He has strutted since he was about 1 week old.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  2. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Acts like a tom... And the snood is already showing!

Hens will also strut when around toms but not as aggressively as that little one!

3. daniel rainey

daniel rainey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2013
    this is apparently common with wild turkeys to do but ive never herd of any domestics doing that!

4. R2elk

R2elk Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Definitely appears to be a young tom. I have found it to be quite common among young domestic turkeys raised in a brooder. Every one of my young turkeys who displayed like this turned out to be a tom.

While it is common for adult hens to display (strut), I have never seen hens do the display as youngsters. I also find that it is uncommon for my young turkeys to strut when I alone am present, but that they really put on a show when a visitor shows up to see them.

5. auringer6

auringer6 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    thank you we are pretty sure he is a boy now. I will have to post a updated video of him. He got seprated from his girl (we think she is a hen) and a dog and 2 kids got close to her. He started strutting really bad and turned beat red. It was funny but we did clam him down and get her out of my garden. LOL after we took pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by