Thoughts on converting a corner of this shed.

Regarding the outside of the shed, it is quite close to the neighbors. I think we'll have to put in a short length of privacy fence to keep their little dogs from going nuts. I think that we can predator-proof a run on the outside well enough, as cats and dogs are the big danger during the day and the hens will be indoors at night. I like this corner because it's on the NW corner of the shed and shaded. View attachment 3205568View attachment 3205571View attachment 3205572
Definitely put in vents and a window get air flow. In the winter when they are closed up, the chickens produce a lot of humidity, and if it is cold, they could get frost bite on their feet and comb. I had that happen to my rooster--his comb turned black and I had to put stuff on it every day. What is the floor made of? What do you plan to put down on the floor?

We may
Definitely put in vents and a window get air flow. In the winter when they are closed up, the chickens produce a lot of humidity, and if it is cold, they could get frost bite on their feet and comb. I had that happen to my rooster--his comb turned black and I had to put stuff on it every day. What is the floor made of? What do you plan to put down on the floor?
We may not do it at all, although i still like the idea a lot. But the floor is a rough concrete. I was thinning of doing the deep bedding over it, or sand. That was another question. Most folks suggested deep bedding.

Back
Top Bottom