Thoughts on if this is a roo?

ejtalbert

Songster
May 8, 2020
I have posted a thread on this subject before (it didn't have the best quality photos), but I just want to make sure.

We bought 5 pullets, but I think this she might be a he! How often does this happen, and are my speculations correct?

This one is 9 weeks old
IMG_9145.JPG
IMG_9109.JPG
IMG_9119.JPG
IMG_9130-1.JPG

I have posted a thread on this subject before (it didn't have the best quality photos), but I just want to make sure.

We bought 5 pullets, but I think this she might be a he! How often does this happen, and are my speculations correct?

This one is 9 weeks old
.View attachment 2158877View attachment 2158878View attachment 2158879View attachment 2158880
I think Barred Rocks have a tendency to redden quickly. I am not super familiar with them but I believe the females have a tendency to be darker in color, more black than white.. and the males look lighter in coloring, seem to have more white and the black is lighter. Hopefully someone can come around that are more versed in this breed. I think you have a pullet. Best of luck to you! :hugs

I think Barred Rocks have a tendency to redden quickly. I am not super familiar with them but I believe the females have a tendency to be darker in color, more black than white.. and the males look lighter in coloring, seem to have more white and the black is lighter. Hopefully someone can come around that are more versed in this breed. I think you have a pullet. Best of luck to you! :hugs
Thank you so much!

This one is 9 weeks old
.View attachment 2158877View attachment 2158878View attachment 2158879View attachment 2158880
she looks just like my girls, we have 3 of them, and from what I have read and been seeing on other chicken sites, pullets have the black streak down the front of their legs, and roo's don't, I'm new to all of this too, but we bought our barred rocks sexed, all pullets,, so I'm pretty sure you have a beautiful pullet there,

she looks just like my girls, we have 3 of them, and from what I have read and been seeing on other chicken sites, pullets have the black streak down the front of their legs, and roo's don't, I'm new to all of this too, but we bought our barred rocks sexed, all pullets,, so I'm pretty sure you have a beautiful pullet there,
Oh good! Thank you so much!!

Back
Top Bottom