Thoughts on these photos?

TempletonPeck

Chirping
May 16, 2022
Hello! I have candled my 8 and 10 day eggs - using my iPhone light, which perhaps isn't the best.
Most eggs look really full, and the dark areas are shaped like the ones in the photo. Is this a typical developing embryo shape?
That red line on the "X" egg only showed up on the photo and I wondered if it was a blood circle to worry about.
Any thoughts welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_6096.jpg
    IMG_6096.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6105.jpg
    IMG_6105.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 4
Hello! I have candled my 8 and 10 day eggs - using my iPhone light, which perhaps isn't the best.
Most eggs look really full, and the dark areas are shaped like the ones in the photo. Is this a typical developing embryo shape?
That red line on the "X" egg only showed up on the photo and I wondered if it was a blood circle to worry about.
Any thoughts welcome!

Anywhere the membrane isn't attached to the shell will light up. That's what is being referred to above as a saddled air cell. This can happen from being shipped or jostled in some way, usually prior to setting them in the incubator.

If they were all set at the same time and you no longer see healthy blood vessels in this egg then it's likely an early quitter. If you're unsure then just put a question mark on the egg and check back in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom