Thoughts on this coop

I think you should contact a local school shop teacher and ask him if he knows of anyone interested in a project. They may even be willing to make it a class project for a current class, but for that much money, you could buy supplies and get a taj-ma-coop built, not that puny little cracker-box. Print out a picture or two of something that appeals to you, something that's about the right size for you, and see what they suggest.

Oh, if nothing else, he may have or know of some of his better students who will do it for a small fee.

Last edited:
1) shop??? what's shop???? nah I know what you mean but we don't do that over here, or if the do none of the schools I know of do that.

2) I so want to build my own but last time I tried to build anything there where nails through flesh and and ER trip and well yeah not going there.

I am starting to think that I will ask my builder how much he would charge to build me one if I get all th lumber but either way I think I am going to be up for about $1000!

Keeping an eye on ebay and others for kids cubby houses but even the old ones are running at $500 and then I have to fix them up and alter them

If you want one about that size, (I know you may need it due to space and such) it's possible they can build it in the shop, and bring it into your yard nearly assembled, I've seen some nice ones where the whole roof lifts up and you can get in to clean etc very easily! I love browsing the coop section here, such great ideas!

//edit// we must have been typing at the same time! yeah, there must be someone who could use the work, even if it's for a small amount, it's constructive work (no pun intended) and not really hard labor. Maybe a grandfather and his grandchild or some such thing? Try at a youth group, but make sure you are clear that you expect a 'real' product, not a jumble. ...just my 2 coppers of opinion. My recent building was a huge family effort, sore thumbs and all! but good experience for all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom