Thoughts on TSC Chicks?

"WEIGHTS
LARGE FOWL:
Male 1.8 1kg (4lbs) Female 1.36kg (3lbs)
BANTAM SILKIES: Male 600g (22ozs) Female 500g (l8ozs)"

http://www.thesilkieclubofgreatbritain.co.uk/index.php?section=15

"Feather Legged Bantams -
Weights: Cock 36 oz. Cockerel 32 oz.
Hen 32 oz. Pullet 28 oz."

http://www.americansilkiebantamclub.org/standard.asp

I'd LOVE to find someone in the US with big silkies.....
I'd love to see a large fowl silkie too! They probably look like a small, furry dog! :)

I would love to answer this if I had any idea what it said. Spellcheck and proofreading are sometimes necessary evils
wink.png

Here's my question, would hitch would you people recommend? Tractor Supply, or My Pet Chicken, for bantams? I know TSC sexes them, but I wonder If TSC has a better variety.

Here's my question, would hitch would you people recommend? Tractor Supply, or My Pet Chicken, for bantams? I know TSC sexes them, but I wonder If TSC has a better variety.

I think that depends entirely on what you are looking for. Silkies are not going to be sexed; I have never seen TSC with sexed bantams of any kind. I have only seen assorted straight run. Be sure you know your minimum for both- My Pet Chicken would have required me to get 9 as a minimum, but I could leave with just 6 at TSC. If you want to know exactly what you are getting, a hatchery of any kind would be the route to go; looks like MPC has some bantams that you can get sexed.

TSC here only gets large fowl "reds" as pullets, although your local TSC could be different- you'd have to ask.

Really, all depends on what you want specifically and how many..........

I would love to answer this if I had any idea what it said. Spellcheck and proofreading are sometimes necessary evils
wink.png
Arrg! My stupid computer does this autocorrect thing, and it is SO annoying! I always forget to check spelling before I post something, and whenever there is a misspell, my stupid computer replaces it with another word! I need to turn off the spell check!:(

Back
Top Bottom