Thoughts on Verm-X

We've never used it,. but we have always used natural means of worming with all our animals and used the stuff that's in Verm-X with continued success. We have used these means as a prophylactic and as a treatment. We have used herbal worming on our horses, dogs, cats, poultry and US! These remedies are what folks used long before chemical means were available.
I use everything in the Verm-X except the dicalcium phosphate or seaweed meal,.. and I usually use olive oil or safflower oil instead of sunflower oil,. and we have had no worms in our animals,. our vet has been won over after a long while watching and hoping to catch a parasite in out pets-- but never has!,..and now has started to look up natural methods for her own animals.
If you do you it,. I would be interested to see you post on what you think of it. Remember,. natural methods can take a little longer to work,. but their results are usually longer lasting and provide other health benefits for the animals body as well.

My whole flock was sick and with runny & bloody stool for far too long. Some also had flourescent green stool. After 10 days of Amprollium and no improvement, I tried VermX. After day 1 stools were so much firmer. Day 2 I thought I was in big trouble when I saw the most horrible bloody and nasty stools I have seen yet. I gave them day 3 anyway and was amazed that stools were almost normal the next morning. Apparently after doing much research, I read that wormers can cause the chicken to expel parasites and nasties that have been in them. I have been continuing with the VermX beyond the 3 recommended days, as some were sicker than others. It is now day 7 and all poop is the best I have ever seen. No longer runny, and the few who had flourescent green stool are also back to the normal stool color. I will continue with the VermX for a few more days and then add a diluted amount in their drinking water daily for a while. I also added diluted oil of oregano and grapefruit seed extract at around day 4, which I know are both safe for chickens. Not sure what my chickens were sick with, but egg production had also gone down from 7-8 eggs per day to 3-5 eggs per day. They are all doing much better now and all back to laying regularly. Going forward, I will use VermX once a month for 3 days as recommended. I know it works!

I have "double-dosed" mine: one clearly had worms in her stool, and the rest didn't have any symptoms. The one who had the worms has had normal stools now for 2 days, and I just finished the worming two days ago. I used the pellets in their food (all the chickens, so it seems pretty imprecise), a diluted version of the liquid form in their water (for them all), and gave the chook with the bad case some bread soaked in the measured amount (to make sure she was getting a full dose). It remains to be seen if I have any trouble long-term. Honestly, they are only 1.5 years old, so I don't have a whole lot to compare it to.

Back
Top Bottom