Thread for Christian chicken lovers

Pics
Hi Rebecca!

Mark here. Out of the city is the only life I could imagine. I have two almost teenager boys, a spoiled dog, 16 lb cat, Herd of 5 Dexter Cattle, and flock of 10 chickens (8 pullets, one cockerel and one ornery old hen that is my broody)

My misinformed state has dampers on worshipping in person.... And I have yet to find one that has enough backbone to stand for constitutional right to gather and worship. Lord knows I miss it.

RN sounds like a great service. I hope you're not being terribly effected by the polarization caused from this virus. Hopefully the masses wake up before everything is lost.

Stay safe.
Mark

Are any of you having a hard time remaining positive with everything going on in our country right now? I can't even watch the news anymore. I have been praying for all the hate-filled people to have the eyes of their understanding opened to the truth and reminding myself that they are just blind to the truth. They need a heart change that only God can give them but it will take believers praying for them. Not easy to do when you see all the terrible things they do with no shame at all.

Hi Rebecca! That’s an interesting topic. I have found over the last year or so that it is time more than ever to get firmly rooted in the Word so that instead of being negative about the things of the world I can look forward and positive to the things in Christ. We know that as we approach end times (whenever that may be) that a multitude will face deception and turn away. If we aren’t rooted in the Word then we may be counted as one of those. We need to have a firm foundation for what we believe and why we believe it. It can be hard to remain positive when it seems all around us is lost, but Jesus is where our hope is. Nothing going on is news to Him, He knows it all. We must continue to fight the good fight, to cling to the cross, pray for others, and allow Him and His army of angels to fight the spiritual battle going on all around us.

Hi Rebecca!

Mark here. Out of the city is the only life I could imagine. I have two almost teenager boys, a spoiled dog, 16 lb cat, Herd of 5 Dexter Cattle, and flock of 10 chickens (8 pullets, one cockerel and one ornery old hen that is my broody)

My misinformed state has dampers on worshipping in person.... And I have yet to find one that has enough backbone to stand for constitutional right to gather and worship. Lord knows I miss it.

RN sounds like a great service. I hope you're not being terribly effected by the polarization caused from this virus. Hopefully the masses wake up before everything is lost.

Stay safe.
Mark
Thank God I live in the middle of the Bible belt and people here aren't as fear struck as I imagine some of the more liberal states are. So glad to meet you. Hope to have some great chats on here with you

Hi, Everyone! Funny how life works. I just had to let go of my Phoebe, the one on the picture. I got her on March. Threee months ago, she had a crop infection and the vet gave her antibiotics. I nursed her back to normal and she always kept giving me xlarge eggs. This morning she laid her last. I was going to take a nap and decided to go and check on them and saw her ruffling her feathers in her neck. I picked her up and told her, oh, honey, I made you ruffle your feathers!" when I let her down noticed something, like an organ coming out of her cloaca. The others were pecking at her and I tried to get them away from her and to pick her back up. I did and did not know what to do. A great person that is part of BYC was the only one that picked up because I did not know what to do in my hysterical crying. She advised me to try to get it inside with gloves and vaseline. I have no vaseline but used antibiotic cream. It will not stay inside ands she kept trying to push it out. I decided to let her go and Hub just sent her to the other world. He decided that throughout this week, we will not eat chicken in memory of Phoebe. I came to BYC to let my Michigan group know and the first thing that popped was this group. So, yes, I am a Christian and belive in Jesus Christ to be the only son of God teh Father, who died for my sins and resurrected on the third day. He is my Lord and Savior and gave me chickens to care for them aznd to enjoy His creation. This is very hard. I really love my Phoebe!
Phoebeselfieday5.jpg
Phoebeselfieday2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom