Thread for Christian chicken lovers

Pics
It was the same for me! I was a former Catholic and felt the man made rituals ( praying to statues, praying to Mary, confession to a man, etc) we're weird. But at least my catholic upbringing taught me that Jesus IS the son of God and died crucified, and rose again. I have since learned that only Jesus forgives our sins and we don't need a man to go to him. That if your a believer when you die the Bible says "absent from the body ,present with the Lord." Period.
Sounds like you're a little misinformed about Catholics.

It was the same for me! I was a former Catholic and felt the man made rituals ( praying to statues, praying to Mary, confession to a man, etc) we're weird. But at least my catholic upbringing taught me that Jesus IS the son of God and died crucified, and rose again. I have since learned that only Jesus forgives our sins and we don't need a man to go to him. That if your a believer when you die the Bible says "absent from the body ,present with the Lord." Period.
Everything you need to know to be saved is in the Bible. You are right that only God can forgive sins, why should we confess to a man who is just as sinful as ourselves? The Bible says only God can forgive sins.

Mark 2:7 KJV
Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

Hi, just checking in. Been praying a lot and lots of healthy issues. Nothing big, just getting old with BP, pre-diabetic, blood in colon,lol But that doesn't bother me, for I know that this body is bound to decay,lol
On another note: years ago at the beginning of Theology school, I set out to break the days of the rain. Well, yes it rained for 40 days but it took 365 days for the land to be dried. As I remember, lost my Bible where all notes I wrote, it was on the second month. Of course calendars were different back then. I should try to get me a Jewish calendar. 🤔
Anyways, I am trying to figure out when was Jesus born. I know it was not in December so, it will take me a few to read, notated, find old documents. I am already exhausted,lol
Be blessed!

Hi, just checking in. Been praying a lot and lots of healthy issues. Nothing big, just getting old with BP, pre-diabetic, blood in colon,lol But that doesn't bother me, for I know that this body is bound to decay,lol
On another note: years ago at the beginning of Theology school, I set out to break the days of the rain. Well, yes it rained for 40 days but it took 365 days for the land to be dried. As I remember, lost my Bible where all notes I wrote, it was on the second month. Of course calendars were different back then. I should try to get me a Jewish calendar. 🤔
Anyways, I am trying to figure out when was Jesus born. I know it was not in December so, it will take me a few to read, notated, find old documents. I am already exhausted,lol
Be blessed!
This should be an interesting study. Please keep us posted!

We know that He was baptized (anointed) in the fall of A.D. 27, three and one-half years prior to His death in the spring of A.D. 31, and that he "began to be" about 30 years of age when He began His ministry. If we count back 30 years from A.D. 27, we come to the fall of 2 B.C., if my math is correct. That could be a starting point anyway. Enjoy your research!

This should be an interesting study. Please keep us posted!

We know that He was baptized (anointed) in the fall of A.D. 27, three and one-half years prior to His death in the spring of A.D. 31, and that he "began to be" about 30 years of age when He began His ministry. If we count back 30 years from A.D. 27, we come to the fall of 2 B.C., if my math is correct. That could be a starting point anyway. Enjoy your research!
Nevertheless, you know that many things that happened was mostly attached to some sort of Jewish festival. Also John the Baptist was 6 months older that Jesus as the counts of Mary visiting her. Wow! Excited and knowing it will be a challenge. I did tha same from the 40 days of rain until all waters had receded on earth.

The prophecies of Daniel give a very accurate time line. See Daniel 9:25 for a starting point. See also Mark 1:14, Gal. 4:4. Jesus said "the time was fulfilled" for Him to start His ministry. What time? The time prophesied by Gabriel in the vision given to Daniel. That time can be determined and identified.

Back
Top Bottom