Thread for teachers

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by WriterofWords, Aug 31, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a topic/thread/forum for teachers? We could share lesson plans and such with each other. I know a bunch of do hatching, life-cycle, discuss classroom management and things like that.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That would be a perfect discussion and maybe even a section on www.SufficientSelf.com

We do have a section on Homeschooling that could be modified if there is a lot of interest.

3. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Yep, that's a good thought, Rob! [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:That is a thought, and I've homeschooled before, but I'm thinking more of classroom teachers right now. We can adapt a lot of lessons for homeschoolers, but it's very hard for some to have access to some of the equipment called for in school based lessons. It was just a thought though.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

You could start a thread on it here or there. I don't think it would be appropriate to have a section / forum on just that topic here at BYC, but it might be appropriate at SufficientSelf if there was enough interest.

6. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:That is a thought, and I've homeschooled before, but I'm thinking more of classroom teachers right now. We can adapt a lot of lessons for homeschoolers, but it's very hard for some to have access to some of the equipment called for in school based lessons. It was just a thought though.

No, the thread wouldn't be about homeschooling, it would be about teachers and just what you originally requested in your first post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by