Three eggs in three days!!

Bebo0707

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
I got my first eggs from my 23 week old chickens the past three days. Do not know if it's the same hen laying or not but I think it's one or more of the Red Sussex as they were hanging around inside the coop the last couple days. Have five of these plus three Rhode Island Reds. Two eggs were on the smaller side and the other was a pretty good size so it may be two different gals laying.

Congrats! It's just so exciting to walk in the coop and see eggs just waiting for you. I have no idea how many of mine are laying now. All 16 of mine are getting to be the right age and so far I'm collecting about 4 a day. The only ones I know aren't laying are my leghorns but one is now squatting so I know we will be getting white eggs soon. It's just the best.

I have four barred rocks and five production reds. The very first egg I got was about the size of a ping pong ball. The next day there was another. The third day I found an egg that looked like an ostrich had laid it and it had two yolks....never did figure out who pulled that off, and haven't seen another one that big since.
DD

Back
Top Bottom