Three new pullets...what should I feed them??

Do this.... try reaching down to pet them on the back. If they squat for you, they are super close. I'm in Michigan and temps are dropping to high 40's to mid 50's for daytime highs. I've got 4 at POL, 2 are squatting for me and 1 started laying 3 or 4 days ago. So it still might happen for your girls. Or not. 😃
You still can't go wrong with all flock or keep feeding chick starter. It's all good stuff for your birds.
I feed the babies chick starter and switch to all flock at POL and either feed won't hurt any age or gender if they get into each other's feed.

Do this.... try reaching down to pet them on the back. If they squat for you, they are super close. I'm in Michigan and temps are dropping to high 40's to mid 50's for daytime highs. I've got 4 at POL, 2 are squatting for me and 1 started laying 3 or 4 days ago. So it still might happen for your girls. Or not. 😃
You still can't go wrong with all flock or keep feeding chick starter. It's all good stuff for your birds.
I feed the babies chick starter and switch to all flock at POL and either feed won't hurt any age or gender if they get into each other's feed.
Sorry this is slightly off topic, but do they continue squatting for their whole lives? It's very convenient for picking them up, but I'm worried they'll outgrow it!

Sorry this is slightly off topic, but do they continue squatting for their whole lives? It's very convenient for picking them up, but I'm worried they'll outgrow it!
That's a good question. I'm gonna say yes but there's factors. My girls stopped squatting for me soon after I introduced my Roo. I'm gonna also say age and temperament would also play a role.

As they consider you their Roo they should keep squatting for you. But like said, temperament will play in... Things like molt will deter them away to solitary "don't touch me"mode. Now once they age and stop laying that I don't know. My oldest is 3 and no longer/rarely lays but she still squats for her Roo.

Back
Top Bottom