Three quail eggs in one day.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Eggs on Toast, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Eggs on Toast

Eggs on Toast Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2015
    Hi all!

I was just wondering whether a single quail laying 3 eggs in one day is normal? I just performed my daily routine on checking my 2 Japanese quails to see if they're okay and I discovered 2 eggs in the nest. I collected them and took some cool photos of them and when I went back to feed the quails I discovered a third egg that wasn't there before! I thought it was a bit weird as my second quail has never layed eggs before and I thought she was too old to lay eggs. But then again I wasn't sure whether the younger quail would've been able to lay three whole eggs in one day? Or is this possible?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. DK newbie

DK newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    I have heard people saying it's possible, but I doubt that's what happened. I think your other quail helped - one of the eggs look slightly blue, the other two are more yellow, they were probably laid by different quail.

3. Eggs on Toast

Eggs on Toast Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2015
    Yeah I was thinking it was the other quail, but she hasn't laid an egg since I got her and she's a lot older than the brown younger one. Still - 2 eggs in one day from one quail is impressive to me! Oh and just so you know all the eggs were a pale blue colour, I washed the ones in the front which made them turn a yellowish colour for some reason?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by