Three quail eggs in one day.

Eggs on Toast

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2015
Hi all!

I was just wondering whether a single quail laying 3 eggs in one day is normal? I just performed my daily routine on checking my 2 Japanese quails to see if they're okay and I discovered 2 eggs in the nest. I collected them and took some cool photos of them and when I went back to feed the quails I discovered a third egg that wasn't there before! I thought it was a bit weird as my second quail has never layed eggs before and I thought she was too old to lay eggs. But then again I wasn't sure whether the younger quail would've been able to lay three whole eggs in one day? Or is this possible?

Last edited:
I have heard people saying it's possible, but I doubt that's what happened. I think your other quail helped - one of the eggs look slightly blue, the other two are more yellow, they were probably laid by different quail.

Yeah I was thinking it was the other quail, but she hasn't laid an egg since I got her and she's a lot older than the brown younger one. Still - 2 eggs in one day from one quail is impressive to me! Oh and just so you know all the eggs were a pale blue colour, I washed the ones in the front which made them turn a yellowish colour for some reason?

Back
Top Bottom