Three S Farm Not returning my Emails! Suggestions on another hatchery?

High Mountain Chic

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 18, 2009
Leadville Colorado
I am getting frustrated! I looked for a hatchery within driving distance of my town in colorado. I found Three S Farms and exchanged several emails with them. In order to reserve my chicks for a march hatching I was supposed to let them know by the end of February. Well I have sent several emails to them in the last week and they haven't responded yet. I wanted to make sure that they could sex their chicks being that in Leadville it is illegal to have roosters. Has anyone ordered from Three S Farms? Can anyone suggest other hatcheries that can work with a small order (I am only looking for 6 chicks)? My worry is that I live 3 hours from the nearest large city and shipping could be difficult! Any help would be great Thanks!

try mypetchicken.com They deal w/ small orders and will not include extra males as "packing peanuts" if you request that they not do so. They'll come to your local post office and you are supposed to pick them up at the PO.
ETA: whomever you decide to use, make SURE , DOUBLE SURE, they put your ph. # on the OUTSIDE of the box so the PO can call you immediately upon the chicks' arrival.

Last edited:
I am trying to order Australorps & Buff Orpingtons as I have heard that they do well in the cold weather. Three S Farms offers both of these breeds. Are there any others that I should consider? Nice to see another chicken lover is CO.

There's several of us coloradans. There's several here even that might have what you are looking for. How many do you want? do you care that we may have mixes? How far are you willing to travel? You may want to concider ideal hatchery as an option, (or another...watch the banner ads here at BYC). Good luck!!

I don't have anything against cross breeds and am willing to drive around 3 hours or so to pick them up. I just need to make sure that they are all females (roos are illegal in leadville) and that they will be cold hardy as our winter is pretty long up here. I am looking for around 6 chicks... our legal limit is 10 and 6 is all I will be able to house while in a brooder

High Mountain Chic:
If it's any consolation, I have tried several times to contact Three S, even sending an email to ask if they're still in business...no response. Did you ever find a source in Colorado? I'm in Colorado Springs, and am looking to buy some pullets in mid-August, after I move to a place with more room & can expand. Right now, I have two RIR's & one Barred Rock. They're doing well, but I'm just scared of raising up babies!!

High Mountain Chic:
If it's any consolation, I have tried several times to contact Three S, even sending an email to ask if they're still in business...no response. Did you ever find a source in Colorado? I'm in Colorado Springs, and am looking to buy some pullets in mid-August, after I move to a place with more room & can expand. Right now, I have two RIR's & one Barred Rock. They're doing well, but I'm just scared of raising up babies!!
Hi ! ,
Waltz's Ark is in Delta, Colorado. http://www.naturalark.com/poultryforsale.html
They also sell started birds, I think. All their birds are naturally raised. Nice folk.
They sell one to 4 week olds too! Buy the month old started birds. Problem solved!
Best Regards,
Karen in western A, USA

Back
Top Bottom