Three's a Crowd...

MamaHen1514

Hatching
Apr 5, 2017
Im having a major issue with my flock. I was given a game rooster a year ago, had a few hens and a fox or a chicken hawk got all of them except my rooster. I was given 1 austrolops, 1 game hen and a Rhoad Island red all fully grown and laying eggs. My game rooster has always slept in my palm tree close to the house and now that i have a game hen ahe likes that spot too. The bad part it is that my Rhode island wants to follow and she cant which causes them all to get stirred up. I was walking her back to the coop everynight but it got to be to much of a headache so now she sleeps on a ladder by the palm tree. The rooster has decided that it doesnt like my Australorp and he almost killed her by pecking her in the top of the head. He does not act that way with the other two and now my Australorp runs to the neighbors yard every morning to escape from the mean rooster. Is there a way to keep all of them or should i get rid of my rooster?

Personally, I'd get rid of the rooster - particularly if you have no desire to breed from him.

I'd get rid of him no matter what. Some game roosters can be aggressive. I don't tolerate a rooster who attacks the hens. Plenty of nice roosters in the world, why keep a bad one.

Let me get this straight.
idunno.gif
You have one hen who likely has a hormone imbalance and you intend to punish your rooster because of this one hen?

Back
Top Bottom