Ticked at the PO...Update!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LocoPollo, Nov 12, 2008.

1. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    I am expecting eggs today, and never saw any sign of them. I finally read the post on the tracking web page which is only updated in the evening, and it said the po tried to deliver, but left a notice. I never saw a notice! i looked and looked and... no notice! GRR now the poor eggs have had to ride all day in the po vehicle. I hope they arent all scrambled!
    I hope to be able to intercept them at the post office first thing in the morning.

So bummed and worried....

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Your postman must deliver in Tenn. or have a twin. Hope they have not had to hard a ride.Good luck

3. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    My old mail guy did that to me all the time, I could be in the yard when he came and he leaves nothing, then the next day he would put a note in with the date from the day before. I don't think he even tryed to deliver the packages justs said he did. But he was better then the new one, I got eggs today me and the kids ran out he is looking at the packages for ours and tossing the ones that weren't ours into the back seat. I was so upset thinking how many times did mine get tossed today. I bring mine in, its double boxed each eggs bubble wrapped, lots of peanuts and padding, 18 eggs 9 not broke, geeze!

4. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    I am going to file a written complaint when I go in tomorrow. I may even take some eggs to show them what happens when they get too handled. GRRR

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well at least he left them in the truck. Mine just hangs them from the mailbox in a garbage bag, to let who knows what happen to them!

6. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Could be worse!! Mine chucked them out the window and they hit the steps and landed on the pavement!!!!

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Yeah but you ROCK Baldie!!!! How's your fight going! [​IMG]

8. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I heard nothing today, but I will be calling Sally Florio in the morning! I am not letting this one go, especially after seeing some of my own eggs hatch today, that just makes me more angry. I will be updating as soon as I talk to Sally. I am gonna ask for $$$ or a free p/o box or something, this whole investigation thing is great, BUT now I want compensation!!! How are you???

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Oh everything is good here. I get mad about the PO every time I read threads like yours and this one! Makes me wanna scream!!!! Our lovely tax dollars at work! [​IMG] You should at least get the money spent on the original eggs and any eggs sent to you from others and potential eggs you would have received from the hens you would have hatched and raised.

Just signed up my girls and me on the Christmas swap on BYC, go check it out everyone, the more the merrier! Even if you don't have eggs to swap you can swap anything! It should be fun!!! I am excited!!!

Sorry to overthrow the thread guys!

10. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Call the post office, tell them you didn't see a notice, and if you can do it tell them to hold the package and you'll pick it up. It goes much better than letting the guy come out on the truck again.

Usps tracking is a joke. I had a box of eggs that still said they had been notified to expect a package for shipment until a week after I found them sitting on my steps . I also had another package (not perishable this time) arrive yesterday that the tracking info yesterday morning also didn't even say they'd received it for shipping yet. Do they even scan these things? I'm surprised more packages don't go missing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by