Ticks, mites, fleas, chiggers

Carrshannon04

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2020
Hello
I just recently put my ducks outside, I was wondering what I could do to help prevent ticks mites chiggers etc.
What could I put/spray down in their enclosure that’s safe for ducks? And is it even common for them to get them? I’ve heard yes and no

Last edited:
Hello
I just recently put my ducks outside, I was wondering what I could do to help prevent ticks mites chiggers etc.
What could I put/spray down in their enclosure that’s safe for ducks? And is it even common for them to get them? I’ve heard yes and no
Where do you live?

Ducks *are* suspectable to the *all* same external parasites that chickens get, and many of the parasites can be treated with permethrin, which you will find at most feed stores in the US.
gordons_6.png
gordons_2.PNG
gordons_7.png

As others have said, waterfowl seldom come down with external parasite infestations, the only exception is waterfowl that are kept in horrid/unsanitary conditions. If you are keeping your flock in good condition, I highly doubt they are going to ever be affected by it, but the brand shown above works great with waterfowl. As a future reference, if you ever need to use it, make sure you actually are penetrating the skin with the powder/spray or it won't work very well.

Back
Top Bottom