Tidbits in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please tell me about this so called lie about WMD's. I seem to remember reports that Iraq used them on Iran.
You seem to always bring up things that were not in the conversation. If you or anybody has proof of any wrong doing by Bush take them to the courts and stop trying to grandstand.

I think you refer to the weapons supplied to Iraq by the US. Gas and chemicals, yes? None were found after all of those Iraqi civilians were killed by the invading troops so what was that invasion really all about? No weapons probably means no intelligence reports to say that there were.

Bush and Bliar both justified the invasion of Iraq on the grounds that it had weapons of mass destruction. It was a lie. They blamed false intelligence but that was a lie too. A British intelligence officer who blew the whistle on the WMD lie mysteriously died whilst walking his dog one day.

And how would any private individual get the evidence? Walk into MI6 or the CIA and ask to borrow the files? Perhaps not, eh? That's why AI want a body with some power to initiate proceedings. I think that there is enough doubt about what those two and their sidekicks who profited from the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan did to warrant an independent hearing or trial.

Considering all of the lives that have been lost, including those of Western troops, the changing stories about the reasons for doing it and the lack of any result of the types sought, something need to be looked into for sure. All that's happened politically in those countries is that one bunch of tribesmen has been replaced by another, at great cost to us. Not a great result.

Must be easy to laugh from the outside looking in from so far away.

What does that mean? I was laughing at the naivety of the statement, not the reality of the state of human rights in any particular country. Also I wasn't aware that my geographic location impeded me from expressing my views here.

Human rights are gradually being whittled away in most Western countries. European countries have their own laws equivalent to your PATRIOT Act that allow arrests to be made far too easily. People in China who work hard for little money to supply the West with consumer goods have few rights. People in Syria have recently discovered just how few rights they have. And so on.

To suggest that AI is irrelevant because we imagine we all have cosy little human rights is folly. At the home level, read some of the threads here in RR about increasing restrictions on personal freedoms. We have fewer rights now than we did in the 1960s. Some restrictions are necessary but some of the powers that governments have given themselves are too sweeping to be honest.

I think you refer to the weapons supplied to Iraq by the US. Gas and chemicals, yes? None were found after all of those Iraqi civilians were killed by the invading troops so what was that invasion really all about? No weapons probably means no intelligence reports to say that there were.

Bush and Bliar both justified the invasion of Iraq on the grounds that it had weapons of mass destruction. It was a lie. They blamed false intelligence but that was a lie too. A British intelligence officer who blew the whistle on the WMD lie mysteriously died whilst walking his dog one day.

And how would any private individual get the evidence? Walk into MI6 or the CIA and ask to borrow the files? Perhaps not, eh? That's why AI want a body with some power to initiate proceedings. I think that there is enough doubt about what those two and their sidekicks who profited from the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan did to warrant an independent hearing or trial.

Considering all of the lives that have been lost, including those of Western troops, the changing stories about the reasons for doing it and the lack of any result of the types sought, something need to be looked into for sure. All that's happened politically in those countries is that one bunch of tribesmen has been replaced by another, at great cost to us. Not a great result.

You sure do post your opinion as if it were fact.

You sure do post your opinion as if it were fact.

So do you!!!!!
gig.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom