Status
Not open for further replies.

ooptec

Chirping
12 Years
Dec 6, 2008
Hafford, SK, Canada
hey,

Amnesty International Cites Canada's Refusal To Arrest George W. Bush In Human Rights Report
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/0...-george-bush-canada_n_1541054.html?ref=canada

Monsanto shareholder Bill Gates has argued that GMOs are the solution to world hunger, going as far as to say that they are actually needed to fight worldwide starvation. Unfortunately for Gates, who back in 2010 bought 500,000 shares of the company he is now promoting in mainstream media as the solution to the world’s problems, a team of 900 scientists have found that GMO crops are actually not effective at fighting world hunger.
http://wakeup-world.com/2012/03/04/...n-to-be-ineffective-at-fighting-world-hunger/

cheers

Two very interesting topics worthy of sensible discussion but you know where the first, and probably the second, will go, don't you? There are those who will drive threads like this one to the point where they have to be locked.

Two points on the first one... Amnesty International is soliciting funds with their "reports" and GWB is not the president anymore... give it a break.

When there is no world hunger we will actully have a good idea what really works.
he.gif

This thread is DOA.

If it's DOA that's because people will deliberately make it so.

War Crimes Trials can take place long after the person charged is out of office.

A private citizen in the UK sought to have Tony Bliar charged. I haven't kept up with that but I hope he resists the inevitable pressure on him to stop and goes ahead with it.

Your are surely not suggesting that wars take place to prevent hunger! Troops and the billions wasted on futile wars would be better used to help starving populations directly rather than offer bank loans, backed by taxpayers guarantees, siphoned off to dictators in return for their co-operation in other things. They might also be used to help get some Western economies moving again. They are already paid for so let them get the mines and steel works back in working order and beat the Chinese at their subsidy game.

I watched an excellent documentary the other day where an old American WWII veteran said to his son something along the lines 'I fought an enemy that was murdering millions of innocent people. You want to attack some poor farmer who wants nothing to do with you'.

Amnesty International does, at times, serve a worthy purpose. Encouraging the arrest of George Bush is not one of them.

Because the United States does not permit any foreign entity or government from treading on our Presidents, past or present, unless you have more weapons and are not afraid to use them. Within the United States unless you are part of our own Justice Department you do not get to make right or wrong decisions regarding our government. As hatefull as some may find Bush, the county that attempts to detain him for any purpose would have basically comitted their last act.

Amnesty International would love to tap into the U S government faucet. That is why they put out political crap to any who take the bait.

Very few large humanitarian outfits really help those they propose to help but instead feed off funds they collect to provide salaries for the folks actually running the outfit. The amount that actually makes it to the people hovers at about 5% or less usually.

Capvin is right, no country has seen since WWII the full unbridled military might of the U.S. Taking our president, whoever it may be may receive such a show.

Last edited:
I think what Capvin meant was he is not subject to other peoples system of punishment but answers to Congress I believe. He would have diplomatic immunity I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom