1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Time change

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eggcited2, Nov 7, 2010.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Did you all remember to set your clocks back one hour tonight??????

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

No, so glad you mentioned it, as I don't watch the news and they always remind you!! I hate it, hate it being dark at 5.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Not Yet. Will probably do it in the morning

Imp

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Sunday night I will.....if needed. I don't think we have any clocks really. The computer and cell phone and they do it all by themselves....I need an extra hour of sleep I am tired. I have been sick.

5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Sorry you're sick...

I'm working an extra hour tonight...

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

My computer decided to do that over a week ago... really weird.

But yeah, need to do the other clocks, otherwise we'll be 45 minutes late... or 2:15 early... depending on which face you check. [​IMG]

7. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    I HATE the time change....the only advantage is that I can turn all the birds out and still make it to a Poultry Show on time

8. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Quote:I hate it too, but since we are going off DST, this is the time it should really be.

All the clocks I have change themselves, so I wouldn't even notice except for it being light at 7AM.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I truly do wish that we stayed with CA... but alas, no changing of clocks in AZ.
    [​IMG]

10. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Our clocks went back a week ago - I get so confused as to how many hours is between us all and trying to work it all out to figure what time of day it is over there?
    Its 1.30 lunchtime here now. I think you guys are 5 hrs behind, least in Florida I think they are???? But then you all have different times zones and all that and if our clocks changed last week does that mean there was only 4 hrs difference ( you guys were only 4 hours behind not 5 for a week????)

I get brain ache trying to figure it???? I just know here there are big discussions going on again about doing away with it. But I do like the fall back , spring foward clock. I have never known it different so it would be weird I think to get used to if it changed??? Apparently it would mean Scotland would be in darkness until after 10am in the morning - I wouldn;t like that as I have trouble getting up in the dark anyhow. The other thing I would miss too is the long coasy evening beside the log fire with the candles and oil lamps burning. It wont be the same if the evening is longer and brighter will it?????? - [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] - what do you all think???? Remember I am in Ireland.

Oesdog

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by