Time for a gun...help me choose the right one?

@JEFFROSS: There exists a Three Caliber GunSet for around $400 By the Time You get it Home - Everything but a Scope! One Action, so you only have to learn how to shoot basically One Gun. Interchangeable Barrels.

It is called the "Trifecta" it comes in a nice fitted case, and has a nice array of Calibers for the various models of the Gun. It is From ROSSI, not a First Line Gun Manufacturer, but Perfectly adequate for Your Family Use. It would be Perfect for training Your Boys that "Each Shot Must Count". It is easy to see that is "Open, thus Safe". I am surprised that all the EggSpurts that have posted have not told you of this solution to your needs. It will Work as a .22, AND as a Long-Range Hunting Rifle, AND as a Shotgun.

It is a Break-Action Single Shot. To change Calibers, you detach the .22 barrel, and attach the 12 Gauge Barrel. Or the .243, or .223 Barrel. They also have .44Mag Barrels.and More!

Go Here:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=274652737

Best Regards,
Big Ugly Guy

Interesting, thank you!

I agree one gun is not going to fill the bill. The Trifacta is an less expensive answer Don't discount the twenty gauge gun. It's easier to handle and will doeverything a twelve will do. I use a twenty on deer ,bear and turkey the three inch mag has a lot of punch and in two and three quarter it covers all the lighter stuff.

Interesting, thank you!

That trifecta is a solution. You can also get it from Rossi as a 2 barrel set but if you want all 3 get it first, or you have to send the frame back to fit the 3rd barrel. I checked Baikal again and their over under rifle/shot were about 200 dealer cost. 22 or 22 mag over 410 or 223 over 12.

If you do go semi 22 with magazine? So many good ones out there. I do like Marlins button rifling, never seen such out of the box accuracy in inexpensive 22's. Marlin 795 someone mentioned not much over $120 (less at big box sometimes) Savage makes a mag fed semi, think the 64F. Mossberg makes the 702 plinkster and all in the same range. Ruger 10/22? Sure, great. Just more cost.

Did everyone take note? The suggested Auction for the Trifecta went off with NO Bids!!! It was a "No Reserve" Auction, so If You had just Bid $320, You would have taken it home!!!

Three Calibers for $320!!!! (Plus Shipping and FFL Fees, would have been below $375!

Too bad!

If You Go to Gunbroker.com within the next two days, you have a chance to get a Trifecta for $260 Brand New, Buy It Now Option!!!! would be approx $325 at Your Home!!!! That is a Deal!

Here it is: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=275014563

Last edited:
My Mod 25 Marlin Bolt action is a fine shooting and accurate 22 LR. It is a fine gun.

ANY Marlin 22 is fine shooting, accurate, top shelf. The 2 lever 22's are $$ but shoot in a dime at 25 yards or more! The rest of the Marlins, just as good. Being a past firearms MFG and still a dealer I have nothing but praise for Marlins, The barrels are button rifled, meaning all lands and grooves are cut from a consistent singular button, at one time. Each groove cut from a single cut from an indexed barrel holder, which given a tolerance of +_.0001 or whatever will never compete with a proper consistent button rifling tool.

Only 22 more accurate if YOU are capable is the CZ series. Love em. Also note the Americal and the Lux???? Ever had a coat on, pulled up a standard US/American stock and it hangs in your pit? LUX DOESN'T.

22 mags will shoot a hole through a fence post and can come as a combo with some 22 lr revolvers. That's a real nice plus. However, you're not gonna re-cylinder on the fly, so you'll need to pick which caliber will be ready for use. A 22 mag rifle is more gun (& ammo cost) than needed for most varmint situations.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom