Time sensitive question about incubation.

jen61871

Songster
8 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Reinholds, PA
Hi. I have 29 eggs in an incubator that I only put in the incubator last night. A friend brought me more of his fertile eggs today I'm doing this batch for him.
I can have up to 48 eggs at a time in the incubator.
Now I know that you can't just add eggs randomly once you start a batch. But because it's only one day I'm not sure that is really a big deal because the new eggs will only be on lock down one day earlier and I always have chick's staying to hatch sometimes at 19 days.
Advice please and thank you.

Hi. I have 29 eggs in an incubator that I only put in the incubator last night. A friend brought me more of his fertile eggs today I'm doing this batch for him.
I can have up to 48 eggs at a time in the incubator.
Now I know that you can't just add eggs randomly once you start a batch. But because it's only one day I'm not sure that is really a big deal because the new eggs will only be on lock down one day earlier and I always have chick's staying to hatch sometimes at 19 days.
Advice please and thank you.
It isn't a big deal. I regularly add eggs up to 24 hours after I start an incubation batch. You can start lockdown a day late or not. It doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom