Time to buy new locks for the pens and hide the keys

Kitt

Songster
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Texas
I had 2 hours sleep, got up let the girls out, fed and watered the ones in the grow out pen and the ones in quarantine. I go back to sleep for a few hours and glance at my grow out pen and there was more chicks in it that earlier. I go look and it is the ones form quarantine!!!!!
ep.gif

I run back to the house, tripping over chickens that think we are playing a game and not too politely ask my DD how did they get into the pen. She said she didn't know and MIL comes out and said..."I was playing with the ones in the back pen and they got out and that was the only pen I could get them into."
he.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
he.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif

Now the quarantine area has a fence around it with a gate. Inside that is the quarantine pens. I have my little sigh up that says these are to stay here and no one but me or DD is allowed in those pens. EVER. I have told people this. And because they look lonely is not a reason to go in. I have 17 other chicks/chickens that loves treats and to be petted. Leave the quarantine ones alone.

So now there is nothing to do but wait and hope there is nothing wrong with those chicks.
fl.gif

Now I can't get anymore for at least a month. Mil was upset when I told her we have a closed flock. None comes in. My JG, LB and a few others I have cancelled.
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom