Timide needs help. . Youtube links.

M0r

Hatching
Dec 16, 2023
Seeking your knowledge guys... What am I facing here?
Shy = Timide in French.
Thanks in advance for all the replies and recommendations..

Gapeworm is very rare, but that's pretty close to what it looks like.

Just to be sure it's not a crop issue, does her breath smell like sour kraut? Is it hard or mushy and do you know if it empties out at night?

Here's a link to an excellent article about crop issues so you can read these and see if anything fits.

It could also be respiratory but I didn't hear her gurgling or sneezing or any sounds actually. How is her poop and is she eating and drinking all right? Can you check her over for mites and check her vent area for mites or lice too.

Can you take a fecal sample to a vet to be sure?

She is gasping and clearly not breathing well. She is continually swallowing something, possibly mucus that is draining from her sinuses or from her throat. Be careful holding her pressing on her crop, since her crop also looks full, and that can push crop contents back up into the throat and airway.

Check her crop now and tell us what it feels like—full, hard, doughy, puffy and soft, or empty. Then again in early morning before she eats or drinks, feel the crop to make sure that it has emptied overnight.

Does she have any bubbles or foam in either eye, or swelling of either eyelid? I would offer fluids, and if you could get an antibiotic for respiratory disease (tylosin, tiamulin/Denagard, oxytetracycline, doxycycline, or enrofloxacin,) I would treat her. A vet in France would probably be needed. Also, I would worm her with fenbendazole for 5 days in case of gapeworm. Levamisole may be available for worming livestock there. But I do think that she has either a virus or bacterial respiratory infection, and possibly a crop disorder. Let us know how she gets along, plus if her crop is emptying.

Dear Debbie and Eggcessive thank you for your replies..
Yes she sneeze and gurgle and make strange sounds..
She's eating and drinking well but she's very weak and slow..
Her crop is empty at night and no mice nor lice where seen but her feathers feels dry and messy lost its vivid colors and shine.
Ps I already started treating her with Doxycycline with a home made mixture of hot pepper, onion, garlic, lemon juice mixed with water..

Eggcessive I forgot to mention that she have no swelling eye lids nor bubbles in her eyes..

Back
Top Bottom