Timing was bad

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Paul Jones, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Paul Jones

Paul Jones Out Of The Brooder

Bought a new incubator from Incubator Warehouse. They say they ship FedEx so I assumed I would get it in 3 days or so. Might as well Order some eggs, right?

So I ordered some eggs thinking that the incubator would be here several days before the eggs and I could get the incubator cleaned up, calibrated and running.

Woudn't ya know it? Eggs arrived first. Incubator is taking 10 days! Never heard of FedEx being slower than UPS.

So, I think by the time the incubator gets here, eggs will be pushing 10 days - will still try to hatch 'em.

Hope they will be okay ....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Were your eggs shipped to you? If yes, does the 10 day period reflect the shipping time?

Egg viability will be lower after 7 days. I would suggest trying to find someone near you who would be able to hatch eggs for you. Best of luck!

3. redrocketrooster

redrocketrooster Allons-y

Feb 8, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    FEDEX has always taken longer to get to us. UPS is my best bud when it comes with shipments. Best of luck!

4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    Usps had my eggs to me wash st. from ohio in 3 days, the weather has been so hot I am not holding my breath.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by