Tiny Bantam Hen With 9 Eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DrinkTheRainbow, May 11, 2011.

1. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    So happy! Our little hen that came from Big Mama (a Grey Japanese Bantam ( Deceased (Her Babies were Mutts:D ) laid 8 eggs and could have about 4 different fathers. The 9th egg came from our odd (I don't know the color but it looks like it has V-shaped scales that are grey and the rest is white) Japanese or Serama hen. She chased the ducks away and sat on their egg and then laid her own egg but dissed it and other hens took it and then ditched it. So, I took that egg (still warm:D) and put it into the nest:D All the eggs are cream colored and some are light brown and the whitest egg is from the Japanese or Serama:D So excited! We also just got a pair of Buff Laced Polish and they laid an egg so we hope it's fertile cuz we're collecting them to incubate but we only have one:(

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

One hen that I have go broody every spring is a 10 ounce banty turken. And she can really stuff eggs under her!!!!!

3. Theapplechicks

Theapplechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    my little bantam game hen has had 9 under her this whole time.... we will see how many hatch?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by