silkieRaiser

Songster
5 Years
Sep 13, 2016
Seattle, Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hi,

My silkie chick has been having recurring strangeness in one of her eyes.
barnie.gif
It has tiny bubbles in one eye at completely random times. It doesn't happen often anymore but on some occasion I see it happening and then it usually fades out within a few minutes. It also sneezes a lot, but has been doing this scene I got her. None of the other chickens ever have bubbles or sneeze on a regular basis. I have concluded that this is something respiratory, but I can't pinpoint it. Is this contagious? If so, how should I protect my flock? Also, is there something I should give my silkie to cure it?

Thanks for the help!
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC. That sounds like it could mycoplasma (MG) a respiratory disease. You might try some oxytetracycline or Tylan for treatment. Birds usually get respiratory infections from carriers in other flocks. Have you added any new bird for the last several weeks?

Feed stores carry Tylan 50 injectable which can also be given orally 1/4 ml twice a day for 3-5 days for a bantam. Oxytetracycline can be used instead in the water for 7 days, but will not be available over the counter after the end of this year. If you get a certain brand of oxy, we can help with dosage.

Back
Top Bottom