Tiny bump on top of Indian Runner duck foot

Breannemoreno

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2023
Hi all!
I noticed today that my black Indian Runner duck, Poe, is tucking her leg up when she stands. I noticed slight limping and inspected her feet. I noticed a tiny bump on the top of her foot. We have bees, so I suppose it could be a bee sting? I see no visible injuries or bumble foot on her, just the small bump. Across the foot however is a tiny healed hole. I researched this hole before (it is months old) and I didn't think it was anything to be concerned about. Im just not sure what this new bump is. The limping just started today so I might be jumping the gun a bit. This is my first year with Indian Runners. She is acting fine otherwise. Thank you!
P.s please ignore my muddy hands. Was gardening. Last pic was baby poe for cuteness 🥰
2B77AE80-DC1A-4F40-9FB1-5BDC880C5ABF.jpeg

Attachments

• 16A7E491-2E1A-4133-931F-3103AFA49778.jpeg
    16A7E491-2E1A-4133-931F-3103AFA49778.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 10
  • F658447C-0C3E-469E-8987-E1AF720FA700.jpeg
    F658447C-0C3E-469E-8987-E1AF720FA700.jpeg
    470.9 KB · Views: 10
She’s so adorable. It could be a sting or bite, It doesn’t look too bad. If you have vetericin you could spray it with that, and just watch how she does the next couple days. Most of the time when ducks are limping a little bit it’s temporary.

Hi all!
I noticed today that my black Indian Runner duck, Poe, is tucking her leg up when she stands. I noticed slight limping and inspected her feet. I noticed a tiny bump on the top of her foot. We have bees, so I suppose it could be a bee sting? I see no visible injuries or bumble foot on her, just the small bump. Across the foot however is a tiny healed hole. I researched this hole before (it is months old) and I didn't think it was anything to be concerned about. Im just not sure what this new bump is. The limping just started today so I might be jumping the gun a bit. This is my first year with Indian Runners. She is acting fine otherwise. Thank you!
P.s please ignore my muddy hands. Was gardening. Last pic was baby poe for cuteness 🥰
View attachment 3606569
Are you supplementing with any type of niacin? sometimes a limp means a niacin deficiency .

She’s so adorable. It could be a sting or bite, It doesn’t look too bad. If you have vetericin you could spray it with that, and just watch how she does the next couple days. Most of the time when ducks are limping a little bit it’s temporary.
Hey! Thank you! She seems to be doing okay today. Little bump is still there, but no limping. I am new to this and freak out over anything haha 😂

Back
Top Bottom