Tiny Christmas tree lights for coop

McGoo

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Mid Hudson River Valley, NY
I'm trying to set up the coop with a little light to offset the short winter days. Has anyone out there used those tiny white lights. I can get them battery powered so I don't need electricity to the coop and I don't believe they generate enough heat to start a fire.

Looking for your experience/opinions. Thanks.

bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

I saw some pic's awhile back from someone who was using the rope style lights for light/predator deterant. never heard anything negative.
when you get them rigged up send us a photo so we all can see how you hooked them to a battery

McGoo, if you're talking about the really small ones that are nearly pinhead size (and run off a couple of AAA batteries) the batteries do not last long!

frow.gif
I'm the one who colored the clear tube lights for the coops, Skip told me I have too much time on my hands.
gig.gif
The lights are really more for my sanity than for the birds. We got the lights from Lowe's. It took me around a half an hour to color them red with a Sharpie/permanent marker, since they don't sell them in red in our area, only clear and blue.

e8eeed5e.jpg

I have them in both coops and I like that I can go out anytime at night and check on them, without causing a ruckus.

Dawn

I hate to say it, but I agree about the battery life. We used some of those on a wreath once and the batteries lasted only a couple of nights.... it was REALLY expensive!!!

I just got a red light bulb (not heat lamp) that I am going to use for them. It is not in the middle but off to one side and just in front of where they are. I should be able to see them in the dark then, but will not know that until this weekend.

Ellie

Rope lights are the small lights encased in soft plastic tubing, they do need electricity and can be also be found at Target, I bought purple a few years ago, I'm sure with the holidays coming up you will be able to find red!

Thanks. But ok, they need electricity. Then what sort of lights is the person in the first post talking about? I would love to find something safe that doesn't need electricity, but also wouldn't need new battries every couple days. Any ideas? And if so, please describe. LOL (You're dealin' with an ole lady here!)

Back
Top Bottom