Tiny crack in incubation egg

What I do with mine that crack is just put it in the incubator... that is, If the hen that was brooding on it cracked it, then that’s what I do.
I’m just worried that I will be waiting for a while and once it can hatch it doesn’t hatch. I’m worried because I’ve never had a egg that was cracked! I had a bunch of eggs and I just put one in and turns out it had that crack so I’m worried.

I’m just worried that I will be waiting for a while and once it can hatch it doesn’t hatch. I’m worried because I’ve never had a egg that was cracked! I had a bunch of eggs and I just put one in and turns out it had that crack so I’m worried.
I put the nail polish over it and I’m hoping for the best

Okay! Would it be safer to just put a different egg in and take that one out. I’m worried about it making it.
If the egg is developing theres no reason to take it out. Are you only incubating one egg? You need to incubate multiple so that this hatching has siblings. Having a lonely hatchling is never ideal.
Lots of eggs can still make it to hatch with cracks. This one isn't sever at all.

If the egg is developing theres no reason to take it out. Are you only incubating one egg? You need to incubate multiple so that this hatching has siblings. Having a lonely hatchling is never ideal.
Lots of eggs can still make it to hatch with cracks. This one isn't sever at all.
Honestly I’ve never done just one but I wanted to just add one more cutie to my little clan of duckies. I understand that one can get very lonely but I can either hatch another one and give that one to a friend which I wouldn’t want to do. Or luckily I am always with the ducklings when I hatch so it could just bind with me. I will see what I can do to help the baby not be alone!

I definitely agree! And if a single ducklings does hatch, it’s a lot of responsibility lol! I had a single duckling once because her brother didn’t make it.

Back
Top Bottom