TINY egg. We're talking PENNY SIZED...!!?

I've got 3 of these this year... 2 duck, 1 chicken. Nothing unusual for a new layer who's getting her system aligned to function properly. I left them on my lazy susan so I see them every day. Two are now hollow (the duck eggs) as everything evaporated over time. They're going to make great decorations!

View attachment 2869595
In the photo, there is a penny (for reference) next to a TINY EGG next to an average chicken egg.

WHAT??!!
:lol:

I'm guessing it's from my new layer, but I've never had such a tiny egg. I am 100% sure this was layed by a chicken. I barely spotted it in the nest box!!

Very interesting. What are your thoughts?

@Eggcessive
I got one of these from my (huge) red sex links! Not that small, but really small compared to what they usually lay.

Attachments

• 9BC34A00-14E0-4AAB-8AE6-07FF166FC7E7.jpeg
    9BC34A00-14E0-4AAB-8AE6-07FF166FC7E7.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DC7A4D4F-2EE6-4B88-911B-6FD0FDBBF5BB.jpeg
    DC7A4D4F-2EE6-4B88-911B-6FD0FDBBF5BB.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 2
I got about 3 of these this past summer. My girls are just over a year old so not because they’re young. I thought it might have been the extreme heat causing it. Also got some eggs Without shells which had me worried, but the vet couldn’t find anything wrong with them. Of course once I took them in their eggs went back to normal. Just wanted a spa day😁 I guess.

Back
Top Bottom