Tiny egg?

epctfstacks

Chirping
Feb 18, 2021
Hi,
I have been getting large brown eggs from my girls. I went to collect and found this tiny one
I took a picture with a fork for reference to size. I live in Tennessee. Being in the south, we don't get really cold. The last few days it dropped to almost freezing. Could this be the reason why this was found? I know their production has dropped about 20% as well.
20211107_143509.jpg
20211108_142336.jpg
20211107_143528.jpg

That’s called a ‘fairy’ egg! We get them now and then. Often they have no yolk. I like to save the shells for crafts, making a smallish hole in one side and dumping out the contents.

Btw, egg production drops as the days get shorter. Often hens stop laying for the winter. It has nothing to do with the cold, and neither does the fairy egg. When the days get longer, they will resume normal production again.

I have been getting large brown eggs from my girls. I went to collect and found this tiny one
I took a picture with a fork for reference to size. I live in Tennessee. Being in the south, we don't get really cold. The last few days it dropped to almost freezing. Could this be the reason why this was found? I know their production has dropped about 20% as well.
How old are you birds, in months?

What's inside that small egg?
Could just be a glitch.

Back
Top Bottom