Tiny eggs

bock

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Northern CA
I have a 4 month old Buff Orpington and a Rhode Island Red hen. They started laying a while ago, but their eggs are barely bigger than my bantam's eggs. What could be causing this? Thanks!
big_smile.png

How long is "a while ago"?
hu.gif
Mine were laying small eggs at first, too, but now (1 month+ later) they are the size of Large store bought eggs. Everyone says they gradually get bigger, so I expect they will get even larger.

ETA: pic

58980_dscn1430.jpg

Last edited:
My barred rocks have just started laying. Two eggs in 3 days. Both are small, but perfect. I expect them to get bigger as they get rolling along.

They started laying about a month ago, but I was just expecting them to have gotten bigger by now. Thank you, I will just have to be patient I guess.
big_smile.png

I have 3 barred rock. All normal layers well the 1 year old will sometimes lay an extra large but overall normal. Over the weekend, outside in the run on the ground was a tiny, tiny perfect egg. About the size of a large thumb nail!!! I am going to crack it open tonight and see if there is a yolk. It doesn't sound hollow. I'll let you know. I'll take a picture next to a quarter. if there is a yolk I'll take a picture of that too.

Back
Top Bottom