Tiny transparent parasite under chicken’s feather, smaller than a seasame. HELP EMERGENCY

ml44427

In the Brooder
May 10, 2018
HELP! Today when I checked on my hen, I found a tiny parasite under her feather, very tiny, smaller than a seasame, transparent, it’s moving and I’m sure it’s a parasite. Couldn’t take a photo by phone because it’s too tiny. Some one help me please, I can’t find the same parasite online.

I posted another post last week about my chicken get shocked by a cat and won’t eat since then. I keep checking her but today I found this tiny transparent parasite under her feather, is it cause her not eating and dieing? Someone help me please, local vets don’t treat chicken.

Thank you!

You can powder your birds or spray them with a permethrin based product.

Clean out coop
get rid of all bedding and shavings or whatever
Spray entire inside of coop.

Repeat in 7 days I believe.

Thank you! I powder the hen
You can powder your birds or spray them with a permethrin based product.

Clean out coop
get rid of all bedding and shavings or whatever
Spray entire inside of coop.

Repeat in 7 days I believe.

If you have more than one bird you have to treat every one in the flock and their coop as well.

You don’t want to risk your flock becoming resistant to the product you’ve chosen to use.
If you saw lice on one bird, they are on all your birds.

Pay close attention to the vent area, under the wings and down the back.

thank you! I’ll do that.
If you have more than one bird you have to treat every one in the flock and their coop as well.

You don’t want to risk your flock becoming resistant to the product you’ve chosen to use.
If you saw lice on one bird, they are on all your birds.

Pay close attention to the vent area, under the wings and down the back.

If it is lice, those will need a second dose of the topical permethrin spray or dust in 10 days to get newly hatched lice before they can reproduce. Mites need retreatment in 7 days. It may require a third or more treatment if there are still lice present. Empty bedding, and treat the coop, nest boxes, and roosts/perches with permethrin spray, and then replace bedding with new. Here is a good link with pics of lice and eggs:
https://www.hobbyfarms.com/7-facts-need-know-poultry-lice/

Mix ash and sand if it’s Chicken Lice or Mites. We’ve done it before and it gets the entire coop okay. I think it may be chicken lice.

Back
Top Bottom