tiny white worms

Do you have photos? You'll have to remove them. They stick on tight
I'll try to get a couple. I went out again after moving the Hen and Chick to a different clean nesting box and couldn't find them on the Chick..the first day and this morning I discovered them.

I'll try to get a couple. I went out again after moving the Hen and Chick to a different clean nesting box and couldn't find them on the Chick..the first day and this morning I discovered them.
The hen may have gotten them off. If they are maggots or fly eggs that points to a bigger issue. Are all their butts (including the hen) clean? Is their bedding clean? What is their set up like?

Here is a picture of the chick. It was born on October 12, 2020. Now the white that you see around it's eyes are hardened. Very difficult to remove. This chick is already out free ranging with it's mother. I haven't found any crawling tiny worms on him that I could find.
IMG_20201017_142910562_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201017_142910562_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201017_142910562_HDR.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom