tiny worms on my chickens egg

lapopreston

Hatching
Aug 30, 2016
Liberty, Mo
Tonite when my husband brought in the eggs he showed me a couple of tiny live worms about 1/4 in long, white on the exterior of one eggs shell. He said there were a bunch underneath the egg just like these. I have never seen this before. Anyone know what they are. They almost looked like tiny maggots but smaller around. We have had about 4 out of 5 days of heavy rain. Over 6 inches this week. I use pine shavings in their coop nesting box. They have sand in the floor of their run. They are free to roam the property during the daytime hours.

Was the bedding wet? do a google search for tape worms. check that out as an option, but I sooner think they might be maggots. Just to be sure, you might want to do a vent inspection on your girls to see if you see any signs of parasites.

Was the bedding wet? do a google search for tape worms. check that out as an option, but I sooner think they might be maggots. Just to be sure, you might want to do a vent inspection on your girls to see if you see any signs of parasites.
Ditto Dat^^^^

Always good to take some pics, with a coin for scale, of anything odd for IDing and future reference

Back
Top Bottom