Tiny young serama hen laying bloody eggs - please help?

And here's her vent - I'm pulling it apart a little bit so you can see it!
I wouldn't worry too much. Young layers need time to get their systems working correctly. Blood streaks happen sometimes with large eggs, and pullets are known for double yolks and odd size eggs. She doesnt look prolapsed and I don't see any sign of pecking. Make sure she has free choice oyster shells, as the calcium helps with strong contractions to push the egg out.

I wouldn't worry too much. Young layers need time to get their systems working correctly. Blood streaks happen sometimes with large eggs, and pullets are known for double yolks and odd size eggs. She doesnt look prolapsed and I don't see any sign of pecking. Make sure she has free choice oyster shells, as the calcium helps with strong contractions to push the egg out.
Oh ok - put her on growers pellets but let her have oyster shell?

Egg smear doesn't look like blood?
Maybe it's dried and just an unclear pic.
Are all her eggs bloody?

Vent looks fine too.
Not sure why folks are saying to stop calcium.

I would not stop calcium - she's laying, she needs it. Stopping calcium will not stop her from laying.

If you switch her from layer feed make sure she has oyster shell or you will have bigger issues with soft shell or no shell eggs. But I see no need to switch her feed...

Egg smear doesn't look like blood?
Maybe it's dried and just an unclear pic.
Are all her eggs bloody?

Vent looks fine too.
Not sure why folks are saying to stop calcium.
Yes it is blood - I think because the pic was taken in artificial light it looks like that.

Back
Top Bottom