Tips and Advice for hatching Guinea Eggs.

RebeccaBoyd

Crossing the Road
May 24, 2019
Eastern Kentucky
Hi everyone. I got a request from my uncle today to incubate some Guinea eggs for him if he found some. Later on after he had left my sawdust delivery guy stopped by to buys some eggs and asked me if my incubator was empty. It is not as it is full with chicken eggs currently. I asked him why and one of his friends who has Guinea's has offered him some eggs to hatch. If it had been empty he was ready to bring me 8 eggs this evening. I told him if he could wait 2 more weeks until my chicks hatch I would try to hatch for him. 1 problem, I know nothing about Guinea's. Are they like chickens and take 21 days to hatch or do they take longer? What is the ideal humidity % for them. I set my incubator to 100.5 for my chickens, is that good for Guinea's? I do not mind hatching for someone else, but, it is a little different when you have never even saw a guinea in person before.

Hi everyone. I got a request from my uncle today to incubate some Guinea eggs for him if he found some. Later on after he had left my sawdust delivery guy stopped by to buys some eggs and asked me if my incubator was empty. It is not as it is full with chicken eggs currently. I asked him why and one of his friends who has Guinea's has offered him some eggs to hatch. If it had been empty he was ready to bring me 8 eggs this evening. I told him if he could wait 2 more weeks until my chicks hatch I would try to hatch for him. 1 problem, I know nothing about Guinea's. Are they like chickens and take 21 days to hatch or do they take longer? What is the ideal humidity % for them. I set my incubator to 100.5 for my chickens, is that good for Guinea's? I do not mind hatching for someone else, but, it is a little different when you have never even saw a guinea in person before.
Guinea eggs hatch between 26 to 28 days. The same temperatures as for chicken eggs. I incubate at about 35% humidity and lockdown around 65% to 70% humidity.

The keets do need a high protein turkey or gamebird starter. That is recommended for the first 6 to 8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom