tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

Pics
I have a 1502 sportsman and I'd like to know what my humidity should be with guinea eggs if I fill the water pan up it goes to mid 80's but read it should be around 50 how do I regulate it better

welcome-byc.gif
My sportsman is an older one but the same principals apply. You can regulate the humidity with the vents in the back of the incubator but it will also affect the temperature so you may need to adjust it some. I don;t know if you have a bucket for your water. Also you can put foil over your water tray but do not completely cover it and adjust the humidity somewhat that way too. I have used foil and sometimes I put an old license plate on top of the water tray. Here are some pictures. Originally my incubator had 2 wafer thermostats but we replaced one of the wafer thermostats with an electronic thermostat. Good luck and have fun...

mine is electronic thermostat and only has 2 vents on top of the back 1 was open before so I opened the other and then mover the open vent on the side to the middle hole I'll try the foil tomorrow if I don't get an improvement

I have a newer Sportsman and regulate my humidity with the 2 hole vents on the side. Usually only one is open but if humidity gets to high I open the other. I have to use sponges in the water tray when hatching to get he humidity high enough. My unit is on a closed in back porch where temperature is kept 80 to 85 degrees much of the summer.

I recently purchased a new 1502 incubator and hatcher. During lock down when you raise the humiditiy above 70% does that affect those still incubating on the turners. I know it is only for a short time, but the eggs are trying to loose 15% weight during the first 18 days.

Yes. I've been so tempted to purchase a separate GQF Sportsman's hatcher. I sometimes use the Styrofoam bators I have but they are nearly as accurate. I hatch mostly peafowl eggs.

I have the Styrofoam ones for hatchers.

I am trying to figure out the 1202. I just got it, Used,

The temp is right on, when taken on the top shelf, but it drops as I go to the middle. I am wondering how much is acceptable and how the humidity bucket works..

Do you have the 5 gallon bucket? If so there should be a hose connection and second water tray that hose fits to. The bucket sets on the incubator or on something higher beside the incubator and water feeds through hose into the tray that has the float. The hose goes through one of the side holes in the wall of the incubator.

Do you have the 5 gallon bucket? If so there should be a hose connection and second water tray that hose fits to. The bucket sets on the incubator or on something higher beside the incubator and water feeds through hose into the tray that has the float. The hose goes through one of the side holes in the wall of the incubator.

Nope, no bucket, just a plastic pan/tray/ thingy that was setting on the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom