tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

Pics
You will just have to put some water in the tray if you don't have a bucket. Be careful during incubation the humidity isn't too high because when the chicks pip the air sack in the shell they can drown from condensation that can build up in it. My cabinet is an older one but the principle is the same. Depending on the humidity you if you don't have the sponges for the tray a large cello sponge will work. My humidity tends to run high so I either put aluminum foil or a license plate to cover most of the tray.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a new 1502 incubator and hatcher. During lock down when you raise the humiditiy above 70% does that affect those still incubating on the turners. I know it is only for a short time, but the eggs are trying to loose 15% weight during the first 18 days.

I use my styrofoam incubators as hatchers and can keep track of whose eggs I'm hatching.

I have the Styrofoam ones for hatchers.

I am trying to figure out the 1202. I just got it, Used,

The temp is right on, when taken on the top shelf, but it drops as I go to the middle. I am wondering how much is acceptable and how the humidity bucket works..

Does your cabinet have a wafer or electronic thermostat. One of mine originally had a wafer thermostat. I carefully cut the top corners of the door gasket with an exacto knife and took the top off and replaced the wafer with an electronic thermostat. The wafer did fluctuate more than the electronic one does.

Last edited:
I have the two wafers now, BUT I bought a herpstat PID thermostat, I was hoping to not change it until after the season.

My incubator is old, I think Columbus brought it over here in 1492.

The wafer holds the temp pretty tight. It is the variation between trays that I am worried about.

I have the two wafers now, BUT I bought a herpstat PID thermostat, I was hoping to not change it until after the season.

My incubator is old, I think Columbus brought it over here in 1492.

The wafer holds the temp pretty tight. It is the variation between trays that I am worried about.

Not to worry. The temperature difference isn't all that critical. Yes the temperature may very a bit and so might the hatch. Some will hatch a little sooner or later than others.

Back
Top Bottom