tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

Pics
I have the incubator with the 6 holes in the back as well (3 on top and 3 on the bottom).
I do not have the manual on how these holes work.

Is there a site/link that explains these holes or if someone is willing to explain these holes and how they work and what settings they should be at during incubation cycle?

Right now, I have 1 tray on top shelf with 35 eggs due to hatch next week (Mar 26th) of Black Copper Marans,

The temp been 97 decree for the most part and I been trying to keep humidity at 60%.  ( all holes closed)

I read where keep all vent holes open - so I went out and opened all 6 vents for oxygen.

I am new at all this and any knowledge you wish to depart would be great!!

Your temperature is too low. It should be 99.5. Your humidity is a bit high. Best to be around 45-50% until day 18 and then raise it to 65-70 % until hatched . Openlng the vents will reduce the humidity.

Quote:
I try to keep my temperature around 99.5 and it does vary a little. I use the hole in the back to control the humidity. I do dry incubate, which is keeping my humidity below 40% for the first 18 days and kicking it up to around 75% during the last 3 days of incubation (lockdown). I have gotten much better hatches since I have been keeping my humidity lower during the incubation period. I use the holes in the back to help control the humidity. If the humidity is too high I open the holes in the back some and if the humidity is to low I close the holes somewhat. Of course when I open and close the holes it can affect the temperature somewhat too. This is just works for me. Good luck and have fun...

Anyone have to replace one or both of the fans in their 1502 Sportman? One of the fans seems to be seizing up occasionally, not sure if some lubrication will help, I'll have to take the back off to see what I can get too. I emailed GQF 2 days ago but haven't gotten a reply, guess I'll try calling them today.
Thanks,
Zekii

Anyone have to replace one or both of the fans in their 1502 Sportman? One of the fans seems to be seizing up occasionally, not sure if some lubrication will help, I'll have to take the back off to see what I can get too. I emailed GQF 2 days ago but haven't gotten a reply, guess I'll try calling them today.
Thanks,
Zekii

I have an older incubator and it had a wafer thermostat. I changed the thermostat to an electronic one. To get to it I had to take the top off of the incubator. I did check out the fan too when I was in there.

I have an older incubator and it had a wafer thermostat. I changed the thermostat to an electronic one. To get to it I had to take the top off of the incubator. I did check out the fan too when I was in there.

OK, my 1502 was manufactured in 2013, it has the two large plastic computer fans, I spoke with GQF today, and they didn't admit there is an issue with these fans, but did indicate that there is now a replacement fan that should provide a longer life, the person I spoke with also recommended removing the top of the incubator to access & replace the fans.

Quote:
Those metal fans had a long track record, not sure how long ago GQF replaced them with the new 2 large computer fans, but probably hasn't been too long. Working the bugs out of the new designs, I do like the electronic thermostat, seems to be right on with the temp, but GQF does indicate after 5 years the electronic thermostat should be re-calibrated by sending it back to GQF, why can't they tell the owner how to recalibrate the thermostat?

Back
Top Bottom