TIPS NEEDED. My domesticated Canada Goose flew off a few days ago and we have been unable to locate her.

Considering your goose is female, she will likely seek to nest near where she was brought up. That means she will likely return near your house, or maybe where you originally found her. On instinct, they seek to nest near where they were hatched.

Geese determine where a couple goes. Since she is a local girl, if she hooks up with a migratory gander, he will follow her, even if that means staying local.

There is a gander across from my house with a white leg tag. He was tagged in Ontario Canada, but he now spends all year in Illinois where I live with his mate.

Considering your goose is female, she will likely seek to nest near where she was brought up. That means she will likely return near your house, or maybe where you originally found her. On instinct, they seek to nest near where they were hatched.

Geese determine where a couple goes. Since she is a local girl, if she hooks up with a migratory gander, he will follow her, even if that means staying local.

There is a gander across from my house with a white leg tag. He was tagged in Ontario Canada, but he now spends all year in Illinois where I live with his mate.
You just made my week for this response. I really appreciate your knowledge and insight. We found her right behind our house and she grew up there in our backyard. I’m really hoping she finds a mate soon because we are missing her big time. So interesting that you found a gander from Canada haha. How cool!

Back
Top Bottom