TIPS NEEDED. My domesticated Canada Goose flew off a few days ago and we have been unable to locate her.

r00bcub3

Chirping
May 12, 2020
PLEASE NO NEGATIVITY. I have already beat myself up enough. I just need advice. I have had my goose since she was a day old and the reason we domesticated her is becuase she devloped a deformity with her beak. She never had any urge to fly off or anything and grazed in the backyard everyday with her cats. On Tuesday while she was in the back she took off like she was on a mission. She usually honks and honks at us if she gets higher than 5 feet and wants to come back down but this time was different. We then found her on the roof of a storage unit business next to our neighborhood. We were about to get up on the roof with a ladder when an idiot drove by fast and she took off into some fields. We have searched all day and night to try and figure out where she went. There are several flocks in our area and a nice big water treatment pond right above our house. Are there any tips for us getting her home? I know I should have clipped her wings but we felt like that was wrong because she loved flying around the house and nice and low in the backyard. She is 3 and a half and I know that is prime mating time. Did her instincts take over? Do I have any hope of finding her again? We can pick her out from a crowd due to her beak. We just need to find her. Please any advice is appreciated. EDIT: They DO NOT migrate in our area.

Last edited:
It’s probably her instincts but just a tip: you can clip her wings it’s ok she will still be able to fly low for short distances, if you clip the two end feathers on her wing tips make sure to look for a video or contact me for more information. Be sure to do both wings! So she can still fly a little.

Thank you I will do that, but will she return back home? We are all she has known.
It’s probably her instincts but just a tip: you can clip her wings it’s ok she will still be able to fly low for short distances, if you clip the two end feathers on her wing tips make sure to look for a video or contact me for more information. Be sure to do both wings! So she can still fly a little.

You can never know, but if she migrates with a flock this year she will definitely come back in the spring

You can never know, but if she migrates with a flock this year she will definitely come back in the spring
Yeah sorry I forgot to add that. They don't migrate where we are here in California. It does not get cold enough.

I have a ton of experience with Canada geese. If you need help let me know. Try not to worry

Back
Top Bottom